How To Cook Meat: The Best Methods
Here are some tips to follow when cooking meat, which vary depending on the type of cooking:
Boiled and boiled: The differences consist in the temperature of the water. In case of full boiling we will talk about boiled, so we will use the broth that must be already tasty.
If, on the other hand, we use broth with carrots, celery and other ingredients, we will talk about boiled meat because the meat will be mediocre and will compensate with the added value of the broth, cooking times from 2 to 4 hours.
Steaks: depending on the cut, the animal and the cooking system, the steaks take on different names. If they have the bone, they are called knots or ribs, if they are without the bone of escalope and spicy tournedos if they are made from the centre of veal fillet, round and to be grilled; they are called chateâubriand when, coming from the same part of the tournedos, they are presented in large slices four to five cm high.Then you have the cut or Robespierre if the steaks come from the sirloin in thick cuts to be cooked over high heat, so that they keep the blood inside; from the sirloin are obtained the lombatine, from which is obtained the famous rib, big steak with the bone, high in thickness; if the rib also includes the fillet we can speak of Florentine or T-bone steak, or Porterhouse, American style; if it is without bone it is the entrecôte of the French.
Cooking times are short, depending on the taste and thickness of the cut.
Roast: It’s the oldest system along with boiling. The methods are different:
– In a casserole: you must use a container that contains the piece of meat throughout its height, so that the meat does not cook in its steam, because in this case it would be stewed, the cooking time is 40-50 minutes for each kg. of veal and less for the veal or roast beef;
– Baked: it is possible to first brown the meat on the flame in the baking dish and then put it in the oven itself previously heated; or you can put the meat directly in the hot oven gradually lowering the temperature until you reach the final cooking temperature;
– On a spit: this is a system that allows you to obtain the best and tastiest roasts; the meat is first soaked in oil and herbs, then put on the spit and exposed initially to high heat, then lower the heat and is continuously greased with oil, herbs and salt, you will get a tasty and digestible meat;
– Grilled or grilled: the system consists in cooking portions of meat flattened over a very low flame made from charcoal or wood of aromatic plants; it is suitable for steaks, slices, knots, ribs and skewers garnished at will, you get meat of exquisite flavor and high digestibility, since the fat constituents are lost during cooking;
– In a frying pan: the meat is quickly cooked over high heat in a frying pan, turning it once or twice and adding salt and pepper only at the end, possibly adding oil to the surface of the meat before turning it over; in this case the oil does not burn and the meat keeps all its properties intact.
– Frying: the principle to respect is that the meat or offal must be breaded or floured beforehand and then immersed in boiling oil until they reach the right degree of browning and crispness.
– Stewed (stew, stew, braised meat): The meat for braised meat, in a single piece, is marinated for a long time with wine, herbs and spices; it is then browned over high heat in oil or butter, then adding all kinds of vegetables, herbs and spices, according to your taste. A particular technique consists in removing the fat from browning and then place on the bottom of the saucepan a layer of grated carrots with a little ‘of broth and herbs, then add the meat and cover with a lid.
– Steam cooking: This is a system that is not widely used, but ideal for those who have to follow a completely fat-free diet; the system consists in exposing the meat to the action of cooking water vapour; you can expose the meat directly to steam by placing it in a colander, or, indirectly, on a plate resting on a pot of boiling water; it is necessary to use very thin cuts.